Hypnotherapy Terms and Conditions
Things you need to know.
Specialist hypnotherapy and coaching in Spalding, Lincolnshire and online.
Important information for hypnotherapy or coaching clients.
The agreement to work on the issues presented by you, the client, in no way guarantees a cure.
By coming to see me for help, you understand that I am not a medical doctor or psychologist, and that I cannot diagnose disease, prescribe, or treat medical conditions or serious disorders.
You are also confirming that you are willing to be guided through various methods, including: mindfulness based techniques, hypnosis, relaxation, visual imagery, creative visualisation, eye movement techniques, Neurolinguistic Programming (NLP), Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) and stress reduction processes for the purposes of self-improvement.
Contraindications are conditions or issues that mean hypnotherapy and then techniques I use are not the most suitable to help you. It's important to remember that not all therapies are right for all people - you wouldn't give a medicine that contained peanuts to someone who has a peanut allergy!
Hypnosis, hypnotherapy and IEMT involves visualisation, intense focus. imagining things that aren't real and difficult concepts. As such, my work is not suited for people who are dealing with, or have been diagnosed with, personality disorders, psychotic or schizophrenic disorders, bipolar disorders, people currently receiving treatment for depression / anxiety from another source (ie you are on medication from your GP, or you are currently have CBT or therapy from the NHS). I do not treat people eating disorders (bulimia, anorexia) as hypnotherapy doesn't not always work well with these conditions. By booking an appointment, you're confirming that you don't have any of these conditions.
Contact Between Appointments
- You, the client, are welcome to contact me between sessions - this can be by telephone, email or text. You can also use Facebook Messenger but please be aware any messages sent will be property of Facebook and not protected under GDPR.
- Inappropriate contact will result in cessation of treatment.
- I will reply as soon as possible, but these replies will, on the whole, be during office hours (9AM - 5PM). In emergencies, please call 999 or 111.
Cancellation and Rescheduling
- I'm a small business, and last minute cancellations can be costly as it is not always possible to fill the appointment. If you know you are going to need to cancel, please let me know as soon as possible.
- Confidentiality will be maintained in all but the most exceptional circumstances. These can only include: legal action (criminal or civil court cases where a court order is made demanding disclosure which includes coroners courts) and where there is good cause to believe that not to disclose would cause danger of serious harm to others. Most standards of confidentiality applied in professional contexts are based on the Common Law concept of confidentiality where the duty to keep confidence is measured against the concept of "greater good”. The sharing of anonymous case histories with supervisors and peer-support groups is not a breach of professional confidentiality. The sharing of open case histories with supervisors and any referring NHS medical practitioner is also not a breach.
How you can have hypnotherapy with Vic at Fantastic Day
In Person Hypnotherapy
Working with me in my private hypnotherapy studio in Spalding means you can experience change in a safe, soothing environment, away from distractions.